Shipping information for sending your trophies safely and securely to High Mountain Skull Cleaning. Professional skull cleaning services for taxidermists & sportsmen around the world.
Shipping Information - For Sending Your Trophies to Us
1. Raw heads need to be drained of excess moisture.
2. Freeze heads prior to shipping.
3. Wrap heads in two inches of newspaper to absorb excess moisture.
4. Tie heads in multiple plastic bags to prevent excess moisture seeping out and ruining shipping box.
5. Ship specimens in either a Styrofoam or hard-sided cooler. You may also use a sturdy box and fill box with cedar woodchips to absorb excess moisture and control odor. Hard-sided coolers will be returned upon request.
6. Parcels should weigh no more than 70 lbs.; heavier parcels may tear open during shipping resulting in lost or damaged specimens.
7. Secure each item with adequate packing material to prevent damage during shipping. Placing skulls in a weak box with little or no packing could result in your specimen being lost or damaged.
8. We prefer parcels to be shipped Fed Ex air on a Monday to ensure their arrival by Friday. If you chose to ship Fed Ex ground, do so only on a Monday. Ground parcels shipped on days other than a Monday may result in sitting over a weekend, and may spoil, and could be thrown away by the shipping company. U.S. Mail can also be used, but please use their delivery confirmation option.
9. We suggest that you ship only with FedEx as they have shown to provide the best service for our customers.
10. A packing list of the enclosed items must accompany your shipment. This will ensure no items are overlooked and discarded. Please place your packing list in a zip-lock bag, taped to the outside of your box.
11. Federal law requires that all packages must be clearly marked as containing wildlife parts. This can be easily done by marking packages "Taxidermy Items"
High Mountain Skull Cleaning is requesting your cooperation when shipping specimens to us for processing. It is important that these shipping instructions be followed, as all too often, parcels arrive at our facilities either smelling badly or leaking fluids. We are requesting that our clients ship all parcels via FedEx or U.S. mail. UPS can be used, but they have refused delivery of leaking and foul smelling packages.
If you experience trouble with a FedEx representative accepting parcels containing raw heads, please refer them to the 2006 FedEx Service Guide, page 165, Prohibited Items #4 "Animal heads and other parts for taxidermy may be accepted but must be properly packaged." If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at 1 (406) 691 3450
High Mountain Skull Cleaning Services - Copyright 2015 - All Rights Reserved
Everett Hosting & Internet Services - firstname.lastname@example.org